1.33 The Circus Badge
Duggee’s child-like excitement at the prospect of the circus coming to town is a treat in The Circus Badge.
Round with a circus tent.
Norrie playing the ukelele.
The Squirrels are all playing with the blocks.
The Squirrels look for Duggee and find someone they don’t recognise. It turns out to be Duggee dressed as a clown because the circus is coming to town. The Squirrels don’t know what a circus is. It’s a wonderful show in a big tent with trapeze artists, jugglers, strongmen, acrobats, clowns, magicians and stunt moles. Duggee loves the circus, he has his Circus Badge.
They hear circus music and run outside. They run out but can’t see the circus until they look down and see a tiny big top. It’s Maurice’s Magnificent Flea Circus. There are many wonderful acts:
- Mademoiselle Fifi and her daring tightrope act who can walk a tightrope 2 cm off the ground.
- The world-famous flea cannonball act.
- Bernard the strongest flea in the world who lifts Duggee and throws him about.
- Fifi rides a unicycle on a rope held by Tag and Norrie.
- The flea hypnotist hypnotises Duggee and Enid to swap voices.
- The acrobat fleas perform on Norrie’s nose.
- The magician flea conjures a rabbit Betty from a tophat.
- The clown fleas throw custard pies at each other. Roly joins in, also dressed as a clown.
- Bernard juggles the Squirrels.
Duggee and the Squirrels love the circus.
- Clown Duggee juggling on a unicycle.
Close and Credits
Bernard lifts Duggeee again. Duggee juggles on a unicycle next to the credits.
- Maurice the flea
- Duggee is wearing a clown outfit including bowtie, red nose and yellow curly wig.
- Roly al wears a clown outfit, including floppy clown shoes, red nose and curly green wig.
Get Your Circus Badge
Visit your local circus or have a go at some circus skills.