2.50 The Key Badge
Key shaped with a lock on it.
Roly drinking from a crazy straw.
Happy and Betty are playing with the blocks. Tag is playing with the robot. Norrie is pushing cars and Roly is digging.
Everyone except Roly is a little tired of their toys. Roly excitedly digs his hole until he hits something. It’s a key. Duggee can explain what keys are for, he has his Key Badge.
Keys can be used to:
- Start something – a mouse starts his car.
- Open something – the penguins open a treasure chest full of fish.
- Keep something safe – the bees lock the honey in the hive to protect it from a bear.
They don’t know what the key is for so they must find out through trial and error. It’s like a game so the style changes and they enter level one of a 3D game world. They play Trial and Error:
- Betty’s doing a trial – she tries to put the key in the lock for a mouse hole but it’s too big.
- Happy’s doing an error – he tries to put it in a giant lock belonging to a gorilla.
- Tag tries it in a safe but gets an error message.
- Roly pokes a pineapple with the key.
- Norrie finds the correct lock on a pink suitcase. Inside is a fish-shaped key.
They surmise that they need to ask a fish. Happy drops the key into the fish tank. The comedy fish can’t remember the key or his treasure chest but the key fits and Duggee grabs the treasure. It’s a tiny key.
Tag realises immediately that it looks like his robot. He winds it up and they follow it around the clubhouse to a pink music box. It winds the music box which springs into life and magically produces a wooden key with a clock on it.
They quickly realise that it must be a key for a clock and Roly spots a cuckoo clock in the workshop. He stands on Happy’s nose to wind the clock and the bird pops out with a red key.
They look around for something that matches the red key. They find a statue of Duggee’s great grandfather, Duke Duggee III. He has badges like Duggee, including one with a keyhole. The key opens a door to the long-lost cupboard of games.
The Squirrels love the new old games:
- Norrie winds up a carousel.
- Roly plays with wooden skittles.
- Happy sets a toy boat in a puddle.
- Betty plays space pinball.
- Tag drives a car with the mice.
- Duggee and the bear play with a bat and ball game.
Close and Credits
The Squirrels have earned their Key Badges.
The pineapple pops open to reveal a bonus key.