3.37 The Buddy Badge
Double heart shape with two Duggee faces.
Roly playing hide and seek with a bird.
Duggee and the Squirrels are having a lovely walk.
They meet Mrs Weaver dragging her kayak. She demonstrates how fun it is by paddling down a river and over a waterfall. She complains that it’s not as fun as it used to be because her friend always makes excuses not to come with her:
- He’s finishing a jigsaw.
- He’s eating a pair.
- He’s washing his hair.
The Squirrels think it sounds like he doesn’t like kayaking. When Mrs Weaver thinks about it, they might be right. Duggee suggests that maybe Mrs Weaver needs a kayaking buddy, someone who likes kayaking as much as she does. Others want to find a buddy too:
- Norrie wants a dance buddy.
- Mouse does not want a cheese buddy, she wants a nut balancing buddy.
- Mole wants a buddy who shares his passion for record-breaking stunts.
Duggee can help them find a buddy, he has his Buddy Badge.
Duggee is putting on a buddy bonanza. Everyone sits at a table with one other person and they chat until Duggee clangs the gong. Then everyone changes places and they chat again until they find a buddy.
The buddy bonanza begins:
- Tag talks to Lord Fingal. Lord Fingal doesn’t like mess and nor does Tag. Tag knocks over everything on the table.
- Norrie asks Slug if he likes dancing. He doesn’t.
- Happy asks Mrs Weaver if she goes in the water when kayaking. She doesn’t, the kayak goes in the water.
- Roly is looking for a bird-watching buddy. Worm likes to stay clear of birds.
- Buggee is worried Hyena will think what she’s looking for is ridiculous. Hyena just laughs.
- Betty is looking for a science buddy but she mentions cheese which upsets Mouse.
- Mrs Weaver describes kayaking to a Penguin who is not interested in trying it.
- Lord Fingal tells Slug he likes cleanliness. Slug does too but he leaves slime everywhere.
- Roly shouts at a bird.
- Happy meets a sea lion who likes water as much as he does. It’s a match.
- Sergeant Ant likes order and Gogo likes pineapples.
- Naughty Monkey scares Tortoise.
- Buggee tells Mole that she just wants to have big adventures. Mole suggests mind-blowing stunts. It’s a match.
- Mrs Weaver’s kayak isn’t big enough for Angry Bull.
- Hyena laughs. Worm laughs. It’s a match.
- Norrie and Naughty Monkey both like to dance. It’s a match.
- Betty and Guinea Pig both like science.
- Sergeant Ant tells Lord Fingal to straighten his tie and polish his buttons. It’s a match.
- Mouse immediately tells Penguin that she doesn’t like cheese. Penguin thinks it’s a shame as Duggee’s new Buckminster blue is amazing. It turns out that Mouse agrees. It’s a match.
- Slug and Tortoise descover they have a lot in common. It’s a match.
- Tag falls over as he approaches the table, sending everything flying again. Clown declares that he is a natural. It’s a match.
- Roly and Angry Bull both find birdwatching relaxing. It’s a match.
Everyone has a buddy except Mrs Weaver. Just then Gazelle arrives late because she has been swimming in a river. She wants to explore more in a boat. Mrs Weaver’s kayak is perfect. It’s a match.
- Duggee gong.
Close and Credits
Everyone has earned their Buddy Badges.
Duggee has a relaxing buddy in Enid.