3.51 The Building Block Badge
Rectangle with a building block.
Norrie is surrounded by woodland animals.
The Squirrels are building a building block clubhouse.
The clubhouse falls down, so they run off to Duggee to ask for help. Duggee explains that sometimes you need to be an architect. An architect makes all sorts of buildings from all kinds of materials. The examples here are:
- Taj Mahal.
- Eiffel Tower.
The Squirrels want to make something that doesn’t keep falling over. Luckily, Duggee has his Building Block Badge.
First, the Squirrels draw their clubhouse:
- Norries has lots of twirls and wavy lines – very art neuveau.
- Betty likes straight lines and angles – very beuhouse.
- Tag’s is nice – very modern.
- Roly is very definite – brutalit.
- Happy’s uses lots of water.
The Squirrels cut, stick and draw until they have finished their designs. Duggee has to pick one to build, but the Squirrels want to make all of them. The Squirrels manage to get their multi-storey clubhouse through planning.
Now they are ready to begin to build. A stable building needs:
- A solid foundation.
- Quality control.
- Structural integrety.
- Acurate measuring.
- Safety in the workplace.
- Good fixtures and fittings.
- Quality finishes.
They switch to a Minecraft view for the tour of their giant clubhouse:
- They enter into the grand entrance hall wihich has a vaulted roof and an escalator to the next floor. The kitchen and dining room are on the ground floor for entertaining.
- Betty’s floor is a laboratory where she does all her experiments. Some have gone a bit wrong, like the approaching Frankenstein’s monster. They rake the liftomatic to the next floor.
- Tag’s floor is a giant soft play where he can relax without hurting himself. They bounce up to the next floor.
- Happy’s floor is underwaterThey explore it in a submarine until they are sucked up a tube to the next floor.
- Norrie’s floor is a roller discoThey fly of the end of a ramp and up a floor.
- Roly’s is his quiet place. There are lots of noisey things banging around.
- The final floor is Duggee’s. It’s a tiny cupboard full of his stuff and he loves it.
Close and Credits
The Squirrels have earned their Building Block Badges.
Frankenstein’s monster pops out of the door, knocking things down.