3.4 The Camouflage Badge
The Camouflage Badge gives us Cosey the Chameleon, another awesome character.
A camouflaged square.
Betty colouring four pictures at once.
Duggee and the Squirrels are playing hide and seek.
Duggee finds the Squirrels easily:
- Betty is hiding with a bucket on her head.
- Roly has a glove on his head and is sitting with the chickens.
- Norrie is holding a balloon in front of her face.
- Happy is in a cardboard box.
- Tag is standing in front of a tree.
Cosey the chameleon appear from nowhere and changes colour. He has been camouflaged against the tree. He explains to the Squirrels that camouflage helps him blend into his surroundings. He demonstrates his skills:
- 1 Colour: He turns green in front of a bush.
- 2 Colours: He turns orange with brown spots in front of a sleeping leopard.
- 3 Colours: He turns red, green and blue in front of some building blocks.
- 4 Colours: He turns red, yellow, orange and green in front of some fruit.
- 5 Colours: He turns pink, orange, blue, green and yellow in front of a snake.
- 6 Colours: He turns lilac, blue, pink, yellow, purple and orange in front of a shelf of books.
- 7 Colours: He turns red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet on a rainbow.
- 8 Colours: He turns blue, green, pink, yellow, purple, grey, turquoise and red in front of an octopus’s legs.
- 9 Colours: He turns green, purple, yellow, black, red, blue, turquoise, grey and orange in front of a present wrapped in colourful paper.
- 10 Colours: He turns green, purple, yellow, black, red, blue, turquoise, grey, orange and white in front of Duggee’s birthday jumper.
As the number of colours increases Cosey finds it more and more difficult and he begins to glitch. His camouflage is broken and the Squirrels don’t know how to fix it. Luckily Duggee has his Camouflage Badge.
Duggee likens learning to camouflage to learning to walk. You just need to take it one step at a time.
- Start with 1 colour that matches your own.
- Add some detail.
- Useful disguises.
You can hide anywhere. It’s time for another game of hide and seek:
- Roly is hidden behind some bricks in front of the clubhouse.
- Norrie is in the washing basket with a hanky on her ear.
- Happy is in the paddling pool with a duck on his head.
- Tag is in a buch.
- Betty is wearing ears and playing guitar with the rabbits.
- Cosey is camouflaged to a tree stump.
This time Duggee cannot find them anywhere and Cosey is back to normal.
Close and Credits
Duggee disappears into the background.
Duggee remembers his childhood in comic cartoon detail.
- Cosey the Chameleon.
- Duggee’s birthday jumper is the seventh character in this tale.
Get Your Camouflage Badge
Try and camouflage yourself and hide outside.